And so the UFC event 142 is all over and despite the slightly weak card in my opinion it was a very decent event! Am glad 'The Phenom' Belfort managed to pull off the win after Johnson's failure to cut the weight limit, but was it really in doubt? Nah! Not only did Belfort managed to defend to the highest standard when Johnson managed to pull off a few take downs, Belfort also submitted Johnson needing only the single take down!
Other highlights involve Barboza's awesome KO via a wheel kick and the decision to disqualify Silva for alleged illegal blows to back of head (which i am not sure about but i guess the ref has to call it as he sees it. Let me know what you thought of UFC 142 in the comments! What was your favourite fight? Anything you disagree with or wished turned out differently?
Preliminary card (Facebook)
- Arantes defeated Carvalho via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Preliminary card (FX)
- Pyle defeated Funch via TKO (knee and punches) at 1:22 of round 1
- Alcantara defeated Omigawa via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- Gonzaga defeated Oliveira via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:22 of round 1
- Tavares defeated Stout via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)
- Barboza defeated Etim via KO (wheel kick) at 2:02 of round 3.
- Prater defeated Silva via disqualification (illegal blows to back of head) at 0:29 of round 1.
- Palhares defeated Massenzio via submission (heel hook) at 1:03 of round 1.
- Belfort defeated Johnson via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:49 of round 1.
- Aldo defeated Mendes via KO (knee) at 4:59 of round 1 to retain the UFC Featherweight Championship.